Hayley Filippini was one of GGG's stalwart junior golfers during our 4-year New Jersey run.
- She was diagnosed with a high risk pineoblastoma in early 2011.
- Hayley's treatment was performed at CHOP and followed the St. Jude's SJMB03 treatment protocol.
- In March, 2012 she was back to school full-time.
- In March 2013, as a freshman in high school she made the roster of the varsity girls golf team that I used to coach.
- I got to know Hayley through Girls Go Golfing. I also got to know the family because both Hay's sister Taylor and her cousin Brooke came out for the golf team.
- On August 10, 2013 her dad Anthony sent out a heartbreaking update on the Healing for Hayley pages. The cancer had returned and she would have to face treatment once more.
|(Back row: Hayley Filippini, Kaitlin Flynn, Krista Pastore) |
(Front row: Tara Ferenczy (Hayley's cousin), Coach Lydia & Matt Ferenczy) at Annika's Clinic at Fiddler's Elbow.
I have copied and pasted their updates below.
Please keep this spirited young woman and her family in your thoughts and prayers.
Comments left below will be forwarded to the family.
We were out and back in the car at 3:30 AM this morning to bring Hayley back to CHOP to be there by 9:30 AM to sign consent forms and to start her chemotherapy treatment of Temodar, Irinotecan and Avastin. We are planning on a long day in the clinic. We are asking for prayers for Hayley and that she remains comfortable throughout the day and has no side effects from the dosages she is being given.